22. LIRIKONFEST VELENJE (2023)
Festivalna tema: UMETNA INTELIGENCA, KAJ PA JE TEBE TREBA BILO!?
FESTIVALNE REFLEKSIJE lavreatov idr. književnih ustvarjalcev // DEBATNO KNJIŽEVNO OMIZJE
Sreda, 7. JUNIJA 2023, med 9.30 in 13.00 v Vili Bianca (Velenje, Stari trg 3)
Tema debatnega književnega omizja/Lirikonfest 2023: Umetna inteligenca, kaj pa je tebe treba bilo!?
Poetry and artificial intelligence
Can a computer write poetry? You think about it, and you suddenly have a bunch of other questions like: What is a computer? What is poetry?
Years ago Oscar Schwartz took this subject under custody . Schwartz is a writer and poet from Melbourne. He is undertaking a PhD that asks whether a computer can write poetry, which led to the development of a Turing Test for poetry 1950. His research and writing concerns the influence of digital technology on culture and human interaction.
He and his friend Benjamin Laird developed Turing test taking two poems, one written by human and the other written by algorithm. Alan Turing believed that if a computer was able to have a to have a text-based conversation with a human, with such proficiency such that the human couldn’t tell whether they are talking to a computer or a human, then the computer can be said to have intelligence.
So a first insight is that, for some reason, we associate poetry with being human. So that when we ask, “Can a computer write poetry?” we’re also asking, “What does it mean to be human and how do we put boundaries around this category? How do we say who or what can be part of this category?” This is an essentially philosophical question, I believe, and it can’t be answered with a yes or no test, like the Turing test.
- FESTIVALNE REFLEKSIJE (1): dr. Kozma Ahačič
- FESTIVALNE REFLEKSIJE (2): Samo Rugelj
- FESTIVALNE REFLEKSIJE (3): Meta Kušar
- FESTIVALNE REFLEKSIJE (4): Zoran Pevec
- FESTIVALNE REFLEKSIJE (5): Ivo Stropnik
- FESTIVALNE REFLEKSIJE (6): Tonja Jelen
- FESTIVALNE REFLEKSIJE (7): Marjan Pungartnik
- FESTIVALNE REFLEKSIJE (8): Pia Pogorelčnik
- FESTIVALNE REFLEKSIJE (10): Fabiano Alborghetti
- FESTIVALNE REFLEKSIJE (11): Zlatko Kraljić
- FESTIVALNE REFLEKSIJE (12): dr. Glorjana Veber
- FESTIVALNE REFLEKSIJE (13): Andraž Polič
- FESTIVALNE REFLEKSIJE (14): Borut Gombač
- FESTIVALNE REFLEKSIJE (15): Stane Špegel
- FESTIVALNE REFLEKSIJE (16): Željko Perović